Shadow Wolf Pride
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

way off topic and sick of telemarketers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Snapdragon
Admin
Admin
Snapdragon

way off topic and sick of telemarketers Empty
PostSubject: way off topic and sick of telemarketers   way off topic and sick of telemarketers I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 12:49 pm

Ok so here i am waiting on the servers to come up when I get called like 5 times within 20 minutes from these damn telemarketers, anyway....if you happen to be sick of this shit there is a website that will help with the legit businesses.

https://www.donotcall.gov/

Everytime I get a call I file a complaint. Probably about 75% of the calls have stopped since i registered my number with them. The ones still calling are the phishers, trying to get info, so I'm gonna try something new. Supposedly if you answer your phone as say a answering service, like say "Mike's office, how can i direct your call...." they will stop calling, cause cussing them out doesnt work, nor does being polite....so I'll try the answering service thing and see if that works....
Back to top Go down
https://swpride.rpg-board.net
Xyon
Alpha Wolf
Xyon

PostSubject: Re: way off topic and sick of telemarketers   way off topic and sick of telemarketers I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 1:06 pm

The Canadian government implemented a do not call list as well about a year ago. It is illegal for companies to call anyone who have registered on their list.

I must say that about 90% of my calls have stoped since.

One company kept calling me and I kept hanging up on them and reporting their numbers. They still wouldn't stop. They stoped the day I yelled at them and told them that they where breaking the law.

Also a few compagnies are now using calling services from outside the country. Since the law is for Canada and not India or China etc.

About once a month I get a call from an answering maching pretending to be my credit card company and telling me that I need to press 1 and confirm my credit card or else my card will get canceled. Caller ID is listing it as a private number so there is nothing I can do but ignore it and hang up.

For any Canadians reading this who cares the url for the Canadadian Government do not call list is Canadian Do not Call list

PS: Dude make me a moderator already Laughing
Back to top Go down
Snapdragon
Admin
Admin
Snapdragon

PostSubject: Re: way off topic and sick of telemarketers   way off topic and sick of telemarketers I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 3:00 pm

your rank is set!! Razz
Back to top Go down
https://swpride.rpg-board.net
Xyon
Alpha Wolf
Xyon

PostSubject: Re: way off topic and sick of telemarketers   way off topic and sick of telemarketers I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 6:25 pm

pfft I'm not a Troll! lol lol!
Back to top Go down
Hightee

Hightee

PostSubject: Re: way off topic and sick of telemarketers   way off topic and sick of telemarketers I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 6:17 am

Xyon wrote:
pfft I'm not a Troll! lol lol!

Bah!

KAAAAAAHHHHHNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Oxnemious

Oxnemious

PostSubject: Re: way off topic and sick of telemarketers   way off topic and sick of telemarketers I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 10:02 am

i rolf
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: way off topic and sick of telemarketers   way off topic and sick of telemarketers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

way off topic and sick of telemarketers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadow Wolf Pride :: General :: General Discussions-
Jump to: